What is a request of access?
It is the right of an individual to be given access to any information concerning him/her which is held by OLX. In other words, is the right to obtain from the data controller confirmation as to whether personal data that concerns you is being processed.
How do I make an access request?
You will find this option inside your Account Settings. Consider this option will be only available once you are logged in our site on a computer.
Find the option PRIVACY -> CONTROL YOUR CONTENT and click CREATE ARCHIVE. You will receive a confirmation.
Please remember the information will be shared with you within a few hours from the moment you make the request. This time frame can be extended for cases of specific situations and/or especially complex requests.
We will inform you of any such extension within one month of receipt of the request.
If OLX reasonably needs more information to help them find your information or identify you, we will ask you for the information we need. We can then wait until we have all the necessary information before processing your request.
If you have any problem or question during the process, please Contact us.
Do I need to give a reason to see the information I am requesting?
No. You do not have to give a reason why you want to see the information.
What kind of information I am entitled to receive?
You are entitled to be told if any personal information is held about you and if it is, to be given:
- a copy of the information in permanent form;
- an explanation of any technical or complicated terms;
- a description of the information, the purposes for processing the information and who OLX is sharing the information with (in particular, recipients in third countries or international organizations);
- if possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine the period; and
- the logic involved in any automated decisions (if you have specifically asked for this).
Additionally, you would be informed about:
- the existence of the right to request from OLX (i) the rectification or erasure of your personal data or (ii) the restriction of processing of your personal data; or (iii) to object to such processing;
- the right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority.
Can OLX withhold any information?
In some cases, you would be allowed to make a request on someone else’s behalf. This is often necessary for an attorney acting on behalf of a client, or it could simply be that an individual wants someone else to act for them.
In these cases, OLX will need to satisfy itself that the third party making the request has the individual’s permission to act on their behalf. It is the third party’s responsibility to provide this evidence, which could be, among others, a power of attorney.
What if OLX refuses to respond to my request?
That shouldn’t happen! However, if OLX does not comply with a valid request that you have made, it is open to you to make a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority. Before doing so it is recommended that you contact us to establish the circumstances.
Is there a fee?
No. Any communication and any action taken as a consequence of your request shall be provided free of charge. Nevertheless, where such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, OLX will be entitled to either:
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication or taking the action requested; or
- refuse to act on the request
For further assistance, you may call our helpline 0800-10101 or connect to us via Live Chat.