So you've set up a deal and you're meeting your buyer - we know you might have some concerns over making a safe trade, so here are tips to make sure you and your buyer walk away happy:
Meeting a buyer
- Always meet in person. We'd recommend trading locally for safe deals.
- A buyer who offers you more money to ship your item to them is usually a scammer, and you can report them.
- Try to meet in a public place like a shopping mall or petrol station. If someone needs to come to your house to fetch a large item, make sure you have a friend or family member with you.
Making the exchange
- As far as possible, only get paid in cash for your item
- If you must accept a bank transfer, make sure you call your bank to check that the funds have cleared before handing over the item
- Never accept proof of payment SMS or email - these are very easy to fake.
We aren’t in any position to handle or facilitate any exchange of money. So, please, be careful when handing overpayment.
For further assistance, you may call our helpline 0800-10101 or connect to us via Live Chat.