At OLX, we provide an online platform where users can advertise and search a vast variety of goods and services but we do not provide shipping and payment services.
Buyer and seller interactions and negotiations are the responsibility of the parties involved. It is the responsibility of the seller and the buyer to determine how and where the item will be exchanged. The payment method is also up to the seller and buyer to negotiate.
We do recommend that you sell to a local buyer so that you can meet the individual in person. We also recommend choosing a safe place for exchanging your item.
The safety and security of our users is our top priority so please take a look at our Safety Tips
Fraudulent Buyer and/or Seller Behavior:
- Asks you to wire money into on international account (e.g. Western Union, Escrow, online money transfer etc.)
- The address provided is different than mentioned on the Ad.
- Unclear item details.
- Non-verifiable telephone number.
- Consistently does not answer phone calls or emails.
- Continuously provides excuses about why you haven't received an item.
- Is not providing working shipment tracking number.
- Sells an expensive and popular item at a suspiciously low price.
- Tries to convince you to communicate outside of OLX by listing their email address or their web page address in the item's description.
How can I avoid a fraud?
- Always use the OLX system.
- Know what you are buying.
- Ask for seller's address and telephone number.
- Use a payment method with fraud protection.
- Track your shipment.
What should I do if I suspect a fraudulent seller?
If you feel there is a posting on the site that is false or fraudulent, please contact us, so that we take the corrective actions accordingly.