Communication between buyer and seller is completely seller’s or buyer’s decision. OLX has no role whatsoever in the messages or conversation happening between buyers and seller’s.
OLX does not participate in any negotiations between buyers and sellers. Transactions are carried out directly between parties, so we cannot recommend any sellers.
For your safety, we always recommend that you analyze the ad of the product you are interested in. For example, what is the product description, does the telephone number provided correspond to the right company, and does the seller offer payment methods that guarantee the receipt of the product.
If you are interested in ads related to property rental, we recommend that you visit the property and speak with other residents before making the corresponding payment. If the ad was posted by a real estate agency, verify that it is a registered agency.
Buyer and seller interactions and negotiations are the responsibility of the parties involved. It is the responsibility of the seller and the buyer to determine how and where the item will be exchanged. The payment method is also up to the seller and buyer to negotiate.
We do recommend that you sell to a local buyer so that you can meet the individual in person. We also recommend choosing a safe place for exchanging your item.
The safety and security of our users is our top priority so please take a look at this Safety Tips
Fraudulent Buyer and/or Seller Behavior:
- Asks you to wire money into on international account (e.g. Western Union, Escrow, online money transfer etc.)
- The address provided is different than mentioned on the Ad
- Unclear item details
- Non-verifiable telephone number
- Consistently does not answer phone calls or emails
- Continuously provides excuses about why you haven't received an item
- Is not providing working shipment tracking number
- Sells an expensive and popular item at a suspiciously low price
- Tries to convince you to communicate outside of OLX by listing their email address or their web page address in the item's description
How can I avoid a fraud?
- Always use the OLX system
- Know what you are buying
- Ask for seller's address and telephone number
- Use a payment method with fraud protection
- Track your shipment
What should I do if I suspect a fraudulent seller?
If you feel there is a posting on the site that is false or fraudulent, please contact us, so that we take the corrective actions accordingly
We appreciate your patience and cooperation in accepting the terms to enhance the selling and buying experience on OLX.